We have reviewed the government guidelines regarding Covid-19 and risk assessments have been completed. We have developed our policy for Covid-19 in order to keep our passengers and staff as safe as possible.
The following rules will apply to all students using our Home to School services.
- It will be compulsory for all students to wear face coverings while on board our bus services.
- All students should carry anti-bacterial hand gel which should be applied immediately before boarding the bus.
- Students should refrain from unnecessary contact with hard surfaces on the bus where possible including handles and windows.
Ashwood travel have implemented the following procedures with immediate effect.
- All drivers will be provided with PPE equipment.
- All buses will be deep cleaned daily using a fogger sanitising machine and a disinfectant certified to kill Covid-19.
- All handles will be cleaned with disinfectant after each journey.
The requirement to wear a face covering on our home to school service does not apply where a student has a good reason not to, this includes:
- Where you cannot put on, wear, or remove a face covering without severe distress.
- If you have a physical or mental illness or impairment, or a disability that means you cannot put on, wear or remove a face covering.
- A medical condition that would affect your ability to breathe when wearing a face covering.
If you feel your child should be exempt from wearing a face covering please contact the office so we can ensure the relevant driver is aware.
If you wear a face covering be careful
- It may not be comfortable to wear
- Don’t keep touching it
- Don’t keep taking it off and on
- Make sure you can breathe ok
- Look after the skin on your face
- Remember people cannot see your lips
- Masks do not protect you from coronavirus
- Keep washing your hands
- Follow the rules when you go out
We will keep this policy under constant review and notify our customers immediately of any changes.